What have we got ourselves into?!
We are not expecting our journey to be a walk in the park, but everyone we mention it to seems to tell us something else we need to watch out for! It certainly is going to be an adventure. This is the ever expanding list of possible hurdles. We’ll tick them off as we go and let you know if we survived through our daily blog.
- brambles to hack through
- nettles that sting
- ‘duzi guts
- descending the cliffs from the source through the Poort
- crossing the river on a massive pipeline
- electric fences
- lantana to shred our legs
- ducking under bushes & trees
- the ‘big snake’ that lurks at the bottomof Howick Falls
- masses of mozzies
- mafia style sand miners
- wild untamed country around Table Mountain
- teeny weeny pepper ticks
- raw sewerage
Do you have anything to add? Come on, make our day! Share your adventures on the uMngeni and warn us what to watch out for.
We also know that there will be many magic moments which we look forward to telling you about. We expect:
- moss covered rocks
- gentle sunrises
- wide toothy grins
- irridescent dragonflies
- enthusiastic teachers
- moonlight sparkling on the water
- grandma trees
- silent spetacular night skies
- cheerful paddlers
- dancing water
- frogs croaking
- fish eagles calling
- secret pools
- the Indian Ocean
- big blue African skies
Do you have a good river memory to share? Please do.
It’s so easy – just post a comment in the box below. Then make sure you click the FOLLOW button so that you get to hear how we overcome the obstacles. Wish us luck!